Friday, February 24, 2017

Art Study: Giotto di Bondone: Envy and Charity, 1306


  1. Song: Beloved, let us love one another, James 4:2-3, Proverbs 14:30, Galatians 5:19-21, I Corinthians 13:4, Psalm 37:1, Proverbs 24:19, Joseph and his brothers, The tenth commandment Exodus 20, I Peter 2:1-3, Matt 20:1-16, Galatians 5:26, Titus 3:3.
  2. PragerU: Don't compare yourself with others Prov 23:17, Daniel 6:1-8
  3. Do not covet: seeking to own that which belongs to someone else.
  4. Biography: We watched Michael Jackson's biography, Psalm 139:14, I Timothy 6:6,
  5. Hymn: Count your blessings.
  6. Read: Embrace the life you have “Occasionally, weep deeply over the life you hoped would be. Grieve the losses. Then wash your face. Trust God. And embrace the life you have.” - John Piper
  7. Memory chapter: I Corinthians 13
  8. Memory verse: I Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.





Shakespeare Sonnet 29:

When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,

I all alone beweep my outcast state,

And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,

And look upon myself and curse my fate,

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,

Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,

Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,

With what I most enjoy contented least;

Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,

Haply I think on thee, and then my state,

(Like to the lark at break of day arising

From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven’s gate;

For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings

That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

No comments: