Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hair Things

I spent the years of my youth fighting my hair to change it to comply with whatever was in at the time. Sometimes my poor hair was like an invading enemy atop my head that needed to be subdued no matter the high cost in time and money. I was not going to surrender and hesitated not to employ instruments and portions of all sorts to gain the victory. Not so, as a mom. With these girls, the Lord has walked me through repentance, re-education and endless honest conversation to raise girls who seem to love the hair The Lord gave them. Daily we have all three come to see the rich beauty and grace in our hair of a million tiny curls. We speak gently to our hair these days and the instruments of war are all but disappeared. The result has been love, ease, profound gratitude and rest in our locks—mysterious and liberating. As one of the girls takes hers down, I want to weep 😅😬😬 but mostly thank The Lord for girls who love the covering that He chose for us.

No comments: