Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MODERN SCHOLAR...a Resource well worth my time

  • A course on children’s literature would be most fascinating for me too. Maybe the classics that have endured and fascinated children and most definitely adults as well over many years would seem to me a better way to go as opposed to focusing on Harry Potter. Rudyard Kipling comes to mind. I have Prof Drout’s “Way with Words” series and I am a huge fan. I also homeschool and The Modern Scholar Series have been a godsent for me.

  • Hi Rose,

    We will be doing a course next year on classical children’s literature from one of the world’s leading experts Kim Reynolds, Professor of Children’s Literature at Newcastle University (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK). For more information on her experiences in the field as an indication of what you can expect to see in her course, visit her website at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/staff/profile/kim.reynolds. We plan on recording her next summer for a Fall 2011 release. We think she’ll be well worth the wait!

No comments: