Monday, September 9, 2024

The Kennedys Miniseries

McNamara: Sir, may I suggest we stay at DEFCON  2 sir?
JFK: Okay fine, but no provocative action. Khrushchev just stood up the hawks in the Kremlin, I don't wanna give him a reason to regret it. 
McNamara: Very good sir.
RFK: So, how would you like to proceed?   
JFK: Well, I wanna prepare a private response to Mr. Khrushchev's letter, no public statement I don't wanna rub his nose in it...
RFK: Alright, I'll put something together.
JFK: Bobby, you tell McNamara and that general, alert the entire chain of command nobody moves against the Russians without my expressed order. I don't want this --- thing to unravel because some second lieutenant didn't get the word.
RFK: Absolutely.
JFK: Could you try Mrs. Kennedy in Virginia?
Mrs. Lincoln: Yes sir.

JFK: Those ships will not be permitted to cross that line, use whatever means necessary to stop them.  Bobby, talk to Dobrynin, he needs to get word to Khrushchev, those ships will be stopped!

No comments: